My Supplier is currently out of Pi’s as of 12/24/2020 – I will restock ASAP. If you order on Backorder, Know that I do not have a definitive date that they’ll be in stock again though I’d guess it’d be less than 2 weeks.
Alien3D OctoPi Wifi Hotspot
This is a ready to go OctoPi, not a kit. Just plug it in and you can be printing in minutes. Each Pi is pre-installed with OctoPrint and individually set up to keep security features per requirements by Gina at OctoPrint. Instead of providing Alien3D with your network ID and password, this device is setup to serve as a WiFi hotspot similar to Mosaic’s Canvas Hub, which you can connect to via Wifi – (see instructions below). If no networks are available, then it defaults back in to serving as a hotspot. A portion of each sale is donated to OctoPrint.
Device comes pre-built with the following:
- Raspberry Pi 4B – 2GB RAM
- 4 Aluminum Heatsinks
- 32GB SanDisk MicroSD – Pre-Installed with OctoPrint as described above.
- RGB Fan (I couldn’t just go with a PLAIN fan lol) configured in silent mode (can be setup to run full blast by changing a single pin)
- USB-C Power Supply, 5.1v 3A, Black, UL Listed
- Case printed in Alien Ooze (designed by INUX3D) – Check out their site for more PI case options!
Available on backorder
Email when stock available
1. Plug in the PI
2. Open up your WiFi networks on your phone/tablet/PC/Mac and connect to AlienScout Setup
3. Open a browser and go to 10.0.0.1
4. Select your local WiFi network and enter the password.
5. The PI will restart automatically and connect to your local WiFi. If it cannot connect it will default back to an Access Point.
6. You’ll have to find the IP address for the PI on your network, usually you can connect to your local router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Once you’re logged in to your router, you can view the connected devices and the name of the device should show up as OCTOPI. Once you have the IP address to the OctoPi, you can go to that IP address in your browser to access OctoPrint. If your router supports it, you can make it assign the same IP address to that device so that it isn’t assigned a different IP address in the future.