Thank You to this month’s sponsors, contributors, and companies who didn’t try to shoot our UFO’s out of the sky for using their product in this month’s box.
The January 2019 UFO Mystery 3D Printing Box has landed! Since it was the first box of the year, I really wanted to do something special. So this month contained 6 samples! The accessory and the project I felt were also pretty stellar to start the new year off, so check out the details below of what all was in the box!
Congrats to Matt (Jake from State Farm) for receiving the January 2019 Mothership Box!
Holy crap!!! The @alienslacker mothership has landed! Six rolls of filament, a hardened steel nozzle, temp/humidity sensor project and dope @Kuntry3d Kuntry Klub sticker! All of which I needed. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! pic.twitter.com/uycaWWanui— Matt (Jake from State Farm) (@marvelous240) January 12, 2019
The Mothership Box this month contained a 3D Printed Mothership Coin unique to the January 2019 Mothership Box. The Mothership Bonus item this month were 6 full rolls of filament instead of the 6 samples that came in the regular UFOs!
Congrats to Jeffrey M. for receiving the January 2019 Filaments Only Scout Ship Box!
The Filaments Only Scout Ship Box is given to one random Filaments Only subscriber and receives a unique 3D printed Scout Ship and full UFO box with the projects and accessory for that month!
Coupon Codes / Swag
- 15% off at Micro Swiss
- Micro Swiss Sticker
- Kuntry3D Sticker
- FilamentOne sticker (1 of 2 different ones)
- 10% off 3D Gloop Card
New Subscribers Received:
- Sample bottle of 3D Gloop PLA
- Alien3D Sticker
- Mini Glow-in-the-dark Alien (shipping separate)
All filament samples are at least 20 meters in length (actually more, I increased the length to eat up the extra filament being left behind on the rolls)
PLA Pro Select - Glint Silver
Extrusion Temp: 195 to 225C
Bed Temp: 40-60C
The first of 2 colors from FilamentOne, this Silver with the glitter makes a great color for the fireworks representation!
PLA Pro Select - Blue (Not yet released to the public)
Extrusion Temp: 195 to 225C
Bed Temp: 40-60C
The second of 2 colors from FilamentOne, this Blue was just an awesome bright poppin blue that I thought would be just a great bright color to include... fireworks!
Crystal Green PLA
Extrusion Temp: 190 to 220C
Bed Temp: 0-60C
Everyone knows I love green! So when I was looking for New Years colors, I had to include one! This Crystal Green I thought was a really cool color, bright and shiney with a hint of blue!
Extrusion Temp: 190 to 230C
Bed Temp: 0-70C
Annealing Temp: 80-130C
Another really bright color representing... more fireworks! And... FIRE! Not only that, it's ANNEALABLE! Very excited for Monofilaments, they seem to be a small and growing company so was happy to support them.
Fiberlogy from Wolfworks3D
Aurora or Onyx PLA
Extrusion Temp: 200 to 220C
Bed Temp: 0-50C
Wolfworks3D is the carrier for Fiberlogy in the US and there are some really awesome colors! The Aurora is a great midnight blue with blue sparkles, and the Onyx is a deep black with silver sparkles. Both colors I thought were a great selection to represent the night sky to see... fireworks!
PETG Transparent Yellow
Extrusion Temp: 230 to 250C
Bed Temp: 60-100C
Stronghero is an overseas company that sells in the US on Amazon. I love PETG, so I really enjoy introducing it to subscribers whom may not venture out of the PLA box. The transparent yellow I thought was a really cool color, I love transparent filaments, and PETG, and... another representation of FIREWORKS! (too many fireworks this month? lol)
Hardened Nozzle Plated A2 Tool Steel M6 Thread 1.75mm, 0.4mm
Start off the New Year with a fresh nozzle!
This is RepRap style nozzle, it is made from a A2 Tool Steel, heat treated to 57-62 RC and plated with TwinClad XT coating. If you are working with abrasive Carbon Fiber, Stainless Steel, wood filled or any other metal filled filaments, this will greatly improve the life of your nozzle.
Temperature & Humidity Sensor
Another New Year resolution! Be sure that your filament is stored properly by monitoring the temperature and humidity of the storage area or bins!
This month came with:
- Arduino Nano with USB cord
- Temperature & Humidity module
- 16x2 LCD with module & potentiometer
- Prototype breadboard with sticky back
- 6 Male to male wires
Note, if you'd like to change the Celsius to Fahrenheit you can edit the following code in the Arduino project file (Thank you to Mark Rink!)
Alternative case by Tony Nunez / Casa Del Whacos: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3352002
- Place Arduino into breadboard, straddling the center break
- Arduino 5v pin to + on breadboard
- Arduino GND pin to - on breadboard
- Place 4 pins of LCD screen starting in the last row, and in the last column before the center break (note, you will need to bend the pins out so they're at 90 degrees. To do this, I put them all in the last row of the breadboard and then bent them all at once)
- 1st row of LCD is GND, connect wire on breadboard -
- 2nd row of LCD is VCC, connect wire to + on breadboard
- 3rd row of LCD is SDA, use wire to connect to breadboard corresponding to Arduino pin A4
- 4th row of LCS is SCL, use wire to connect to breadboard corresponding to Arduino pin A5
- Connect female to female wires to temp & humidity sensor, Brown to +, Red to Out, Orange to -
- Connect the other end of the female to female wires to the Arduino ICSP pins on the 2nd row... Orange on the Left, Red to Center, Brown to Right pin.
Wiring is complete!
Programming the Arduino:
I am using Arduino IDE 1.8.5. I have seen that with newer versions, there are "new" and "old" bootloaders. So in the step to select the processor, if the 328p doesn't work, try the 328p (old bootloader). If that also doesn't work, check in the Device Manager that the Nano is actually being recognized and being assigned a COM port. If it's listed under unknown or other devices, try installing the drivers from https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
- Fire up Arduino IDE
- Download the project code above and open the project file in Arduino IDE
- Download the LCD Screen Driver, then go to Sketch > Include Library > Include ZIP Library, find the downloaded LCD zip file and include it.
- Go to Tools > Board > Select Arduino Nano
- Go to Tools > Processor > Select ATMega328P
- Go to Tools > Port and make note of what ports are listed
- Plug in the Arduino Nano to a USB port
- Go back to Tools > Port and select the new port that has shown up.
- Click the Upload button, and... after compiling and uploading...
- You should have a working Temperature and Humidity sensor!
Construct the case:
The case is designed so you can run the wires of the temperature/humidity sensor through the back, and then has a lip so that you can cut out a square in a plastic tub and seal the case lip to the tub. Use silicone or E6000, also plug the wire hole.
- Align the assembled electronics so that the Micro USB of the Nano is flush to the bottom port to be able to plug in the USB cord.
- Peel the sticky cover off the breadboard and stick it to the inside of the case.
- Run the wires of the temp/humidity sensor 1 at a time through the small hole in the back.
- Snap the top onto the case. (May have to bend some pins for the top to sit flush)
- Optional: Glue/Silicone the case through a hole in a plastic tub to use it as a dry box and monitor the humidity/temp of your drybox =)
Alien3D U.F.O. Filament Mystery Box - January 2019 - Chris's BasementWe check out the January 2019 addition of the Alien3D U.F.O. box.
Get your own U.F.O. box:
Arduino IDE use 1.8.5 just to be safe:
SUPPORT THE CHANNEL BY CLICKING THESE LINKS!
OpenBuilds - Great CNC and 3D Printer Parts (aff)
Slice Engineering - Mosquito Hotends (aff)
Wham Bam Systems Flexible Beds (aff)
Amazon (aff) [US DE GB CA IT ES FR JP]:
Buy me a coffee to keep me going!
You can support my work on Patreon
One Time Tips, You Can PayPal Me:
Find Me Over On Twitter!
Twitter : http://twitter.com/ChrisRiley3D
FTC Disclaimer: A percentage of sales is made through Affiliate links
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Alien3D U.F.O. Monthly Mystery Box - Jan 2019Here is a look at what was inside this months box!
For more details about the service and pricing plans, please visit
For the Project video, please visit my son's channel video - https://youtu.be/fMAj70yMsxU
Please like and subscribe!
Support the channel:
Am I doing a good job? Buy me a coffee to keep me going!
Follow me on Social Media: Check out the new portal!
Alien 3D Box Project // January 2019 // Temperature & Humidity SensorIn our monthly subscription box with Alien 3D - We are completing the project inside! It is a temperature and humidity sensor. We cannot wait to incorporate it into our home school this year!
January 2019 Alien 3D UFO Box UnboxingHello, 3D Printing Friends! The January 2019 Alien3D UFO Mystery Box is here! Inside is stuff from 3DGloop, Fiberology, MicroSwiss, FilamentOne, 3D Printz, US Monofilaments, and StrongHero3D!
Check out the Alien3D UFO Mystery Box!
Use coupon code REFCJYH0UI9KN at checkout to save $5.00 on your first box! (If you do this, I get a $5.00 credit).
Did this video help you out, save you a bunch of time, or help you learn something new?
If so, please consider buying me a coffee or leaving a tip! Your support really helps, and is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
• ☕️ Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/5lKshEVvL
• 👍🏻 PayPal tip jar: https://www.paypal.me/bv3d
*️⃣Popular 3D printer affiliate links:
• Creality: https://www.creality3dofficial.com?sca_ref=192400.cs3mhx6jgG
• Sovol: https://bit.ly/3h90d2L
*️⃣In the market for a magnetic flexible build system for your 3D printer?
• 💥Wham Bam Systems flex plates: http://bit.ly/2YzogLZ
Note: As a Wham Bam Systems Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*️⃣Shop for just about anything:
• 🛒🇺🇲US: https://amzn.to/2x4hBxS [affiliate link] • 🛒🇨🇦Canada: https://amzn.to/2Ycb5ju [affiliate link] As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Follow me on Twitter (@bryan_vines): https://twitter.com/bryan_vines
I sometimes receive compensation such as discounted or free products, and when applicable, this is disclosed in videos and their descriptions. Whether free, discounted, or paid full price, any reviewed product is tested to the best of my ability, and I give my honest impression. All opinions expressed are my own.
January U.F.O. Box RevealSee the January UFO Subscription Box from Alien3D.
Save $5 on your first UFO Box with code: REFK3G8Q1SI1C. https://alien3d.us
Microswiss Hardened Nozzle: https://amzn.to/2AAXb1m
Arduino Nano: https://amzn.to/2VGEIJJ
Fiberology Onyx Easy PLA: https://www.wolfworks3d.com/shop/dfbtfud7v06xoe3vdwrf1airoj9a9e
US Monofilaments Yellow High Heat PLA (Not available yet): https://folgertech.com/collections/u-s-monofilaments
3D Printz Ltd Crystal Green PLA: https://3dprintz.co.uk/collections/pla-crystal/products/pla-crystal-green-1-75mm
Filament One PLA Pro Select: https://www.filamentone.com
Strong Hero 3D Translucent Yellow PETG (Out of Stock): https://amzn.to/2C78hva
January Alien3D UFO Mystery Box!Happy 2019! We're starting off the New Year right, with a new Alien3D UFO Mystery Box. We've heard rumors of extra filament and Arduino, so this one should be good.
Alien3D UFO Box (referral code affiliate only): https://www.alien3d.us Use referral code REFBCECNCPY4E to receive $5 off your first box!
If you enjoyed this video please consider supporting me via Patreon
Affiliate Links and Referral Codes
Proto-Pasta (affiliate): http://www.proto-pasta.com?aff=64
Find me on social media!
Kuntry Time - Alien 3D UFO box JanuaryThe Alien 3D UFO box opening for January 2018
Shawna's Study Abroad
Support the stream: https://streamlabs.com/kuntry3d
Kuntry Klub Discord Server
Get your Kuntry Klub SWAG!
Other Items Available here.
We have a Channel Wishlist
If you like what I do you can Buy me a coffee
Or if your heart feels like it
Or if you like because.... well all of this is out of pocket.
http://www.alien3d.us Coupon Code: kuntryklub 15% off
3d printer kits: https://www.gearbest.com/?lkid=13624162
if you want to send me something so that I can have my own mailbag day then send it here
3153 Spring Creek Hwy
Crawfordville, FL 32327
Star Spangled Banner Used by Permission
January 2019 Alien3D UFO Monthly Subscription box reviewThis is my review of the January 2019 Alien3D U.F.O. Monthly Subscription box get yours for $5 off the normal price using the discount code - REFV76ULJ290U
Help support this channel by using my Amazon referral link - https://amzn.to/2PnKXxN
I 'm trying out a new tripod setup this month to get a smoother camera and free up both hands. I hope to improve the angle as I go along but it gives me the ability to show more projects. My videos are quick one shot videos with no editing or cuts other then length cuts so If I fail you see it LOL. Please overlook the noises in the background due to road noise and printer noise, I am just a average joe working in a garage doing this for fun and to share knowledge like the rest of us and not in a studio.
Thanks for watching!