Congrats to Conan L.
for winning the December 2020 Mothership Box!
Conan's Mothership Prize this Month is a Zyltech Gear v3 3D Printer.
SWAG & CODES
- Sticker for Gloop
- Christmas Candy
- Christmas Card
- Discount code for Gloop, Zyltech and Alien3D
Please login to view codes if you received this months UFO.
Month 5 of 12
On the ends of each UFO for 12 months you'll find a 1/12th piece of a puzzle. At the end of the 12 months they can be combined for a larger image.
Looking forward to your guesses =) #UFOPUZZLE
All filament samples are at least 20 meters in length (actually more, I increased the length to eat up the extra filament being left behind on the rolls)
PLA - White
Extrusion Temp: 215°C - 235°C
Bed Temperature: 0-60 °C
PLA PRO SELECT - Glint Green
Extrusion Temp: 205°C - 225°C
Bed Temperature: 55-65 °C
Eurekatec PLA - Christmas Red
Extrusion Temp: 180°C - 210°C
Bed Temperature: 50-60 °C
Blue - TPU
Extrusion Temp: 200°C - 240°C
Printing speeds: 20-60 mm/s
Bed Temperature: 50-90 °C
Shore hardness: 95A
Glue Gloop PLA from 3D Gloop
For the 3rd year now, I teamed up with 3D Gloop for the Christmas accessory. This year it's in the form of the Glue Gloop! I like these squeeze thingers when working with smaller areas to Gloop together as it helps to get the Gloop in just the right spots!
Autonomous Hover Sleigh
Parts included in UFO:
- Arduino Nano w/ Power Cord
- 1 x SG90 Motor
- 2 x 8mm x 20mm Drone Motors with Fan Blades
- 2 x Resistors
- 2 x Mosfets
- 9v Battery Clip
- Power Switch
Alrighty, I apparently have a habit each December project of getting motors that may be under powered. The 2 drone motors are 5v motors, and 53,000 RPM - but after doing the electronics they don't seem to have enough power to lift the hovercraft =( - Either that or I've done something wrong and maybe one of you electronics gurus can help me out.
At any rate - here's the instructions:
Programming the Nano:
1. Download Arduino IDE - > Download Here
2. Plug the USB cable into your PC and the Arduino Nano
3. Under Tools > Board select Arduino Nano
4. Under Tools > Processor select 328p, if that doesn't work, try the 328p (old bootloader). If that also doesn't work, check in the Device Manager that the Nano is actually being recognized and being assigned a COM port. If it's listed under unknown or other devices, try installing the drivers from https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
5. Under Tools > Port select the USB port your Nano is connected to
6. Download the code below and open the HoverSleigh Arduino File
7. Upload it to the Arduino Nano, after it's done uploading, unplug the USB cable from the Nano
Wiring it all together =P (picture is numbered with the step).
1. - With the flat part of the mosfets facing you, the left pins connect together with the servo, the ground from the 9v and end at the GND pin on the Arduino Nano
2. - The red wires from the drone motors and the servo motor connect to the 5v pin on the Arduino Nano
3. - The right pin of the mosfets connect to the black wires of the drone motors.
4. - Each mosfet separately connects with the resistor from the left pin to the right pin
5. - The orange wire from the servo connects to D4 on the Arduino Nano
6. - The center pin of the mosfet being used for the directional motor connects to D5 on the Arduino Nano
7. - The center pin of the mosfet being used for the lift motor connects to D3 on the Arduino Nano
8. - Cut the red wire coming off the 9v connector, attach the end of the wire from the connector to one connector of the on/off switch. Then the wire you cut off, connect to the other connector of the on/off switch. Then connect the other end to VIN pin on the Arduino Nano
You can then connect a 9v battery to the 9v connector thinger, turn the power switch on and the 2 drone motors should start spinning at full power and the servo motor should swing back and forth between 60 degrees and 130 degrees.
I suspect some of the drone motors are reversed, so putting the fans on them you'll have to feel which direction the wind is blowing before placing them into the fan holders.
The printed parts have 2 fan holders, a spot for the power switch to clip in to and a spot to place the nano with the USB cable out the back. You will need to snip off the 6 pins that are clumped on the end of the Nano opposite of all the other digital and analog pins. The directional fan, you'll need one of the white arms that come with the servo and a screw that comes with the servo to connect the directional fan to the servo. I'll get pics soon - my printer has been down and had to swap out the hotend, so still printing parts >.<
The minimal Sleigh doesn't have the sleigh sides in an attempt to reduce weight. The "HoverPad" I intended to be printed with the flex filament, however I think it'd be too heavy and instead 1/2inch to an inch thick of light foam or possibly a baggie should be used - I'm currently experimenting.
I had a few people ask about how the parts go together, so here's a couple pictures. Also hint - the fan portion in the center I used the Gloop Glue to hold into place =P If you click on the images you can see bigger versions.
Alien3D U.F.O. Filament Mystery Box - January 2019 - Chris's BasementWe check out the January 2019 addition of the Alien3D U.F.O. box.
Get your own U.F.O. box:
Arduino IDE use 1.8.5 just to be safe:
SUPPORT THE CHANNEL BY CLICKING THESE LINKS!
OpenBuilds - Great CNC and 3D Printer Parts (aff)
Slice Engineering - Mosquito Hotends (aff)
Wham Bam Systems Flexible Beds (aff)
Amazon (aff) [US DE GB CA IT ES FR JP]:
Buy me a coffee to keep me going!
You can support my work on Patreon
One Time Tips, You Can PayPal Me:
Find Me Over On Twitter!
Twitter : http://twitter.com/ChrisRiley3D
FTC Disclaimer: A percentage of sales is made through Affiliate links
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Alien3D U.F.O. Monthly Mystery Box - Jan 2019Here is a look at what was inside this months box!
For more details about the service and pricing plans, please visit
For the Project video, please visit my son's channel video - https://youtu.be/fMAj70yMsxU
Please like and subscribe!
Support the channel:
Am I doing a good job? Buy me a coffee to keep me going!
Follow me on Social Media: Check out the new portal!
Alien 3D Box Project // January 2019 // Temperature & Humidity SensorIn our monthly subscription box with Alien 3D - We are completing the project inside! It is a temperature and humidity sensor. We cannot wait to incorporate it into our home school this year!
January 2019 Alien 3D UFO Box UnboxingHello, 3D Printing Friends! The January 2019 Alien3D UFO Mystery Box is here! Inside is stuff from 3DGloop, Fiberology, MicroSwiss, FilamentOne, 3D Printz, US Monofilaments, and StrongHero3D!
Check out the Alien3D UFO Mystery Box!
Use coupon code REFCJYH0UI9KN at checkout to save $5.00 on your first box! (If you do this, I get a $5.00 credit).
Did this video help you out, save you a bunch of time, or help you learn something new?
If so, please consider buying me a coffee or leaving a tip! Your support really helps, and is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
• ☕️ Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/5lKshEVvL
• 👍🏻 PayPal tip jar: https://www.paypal.me/bv3d
*️⃣Popular 3D printer affiliate links:
• Creality: https://www.creality3dofficial.com?sca_ref=192400.cs3mhx6jgG
• Sovol: https://bit.ly/3h90d2L
*️⃣In the market for a magnetic flexible build system for your 3D printer?
• 💥Wham Bam Systems flex plates: http://bit.ly/2YzogLZ
Note: As a Wham Bam Systems Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
*️⃣Shop for just about anything:
• 🛒🇺🇲US: https://amzn.to/2x4hBxS [affiliate link] • 🛒🇨🇦Canada: https://amzn.to/2Ycb5ju [affiliate link] As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Follow me on Twitter (@bryan_vines): https://twitter.com/bryan_vines
I sometimes receive compensation such as discounted or free products, and when applicable, this is disclosed in videos and their descriptions. Whether free, discounted, or paid full price, any reviewed product is tested to the best of my ability, and I give my honest impression. All opinions expressed are my own.
January U.F.O. Box RevealSee the January UFO Subscription Box from Alien3D.
Save $5 on your first UFO Box with code: REFK3G8Q1SI1C. https://alien3d.us
Microswiss Hardened Nozzle: https://amzn.to/2AAXb1m
Arduino Nano: https://amzn.to/2VGEIJJ
Fiberology Onyx Easy PLA: https://www.wolfworks3d.com/shop/dfbtfud7v06xoe3vdwrf1airoj9a9e
US Monofilaments Yellow High Heat PLA (Not available yet): https://folgertech.com/collections/u-s-monofilaments
3D Printz Ltd Crystal Green PLA: https://3dprintz.co.uk/collections/pla-crystal/products/pla-crystal-green-1-75mm
Filament One PLA Pro Select: https://www.filamentone.com
Strong Hero 3D Translucent Yellow PETG (Out of Stock): https://amzn.to/2C78hva
January Alien3D UFO Mystery Box!Happy 2019! We're starting off the New Year right, with a new Alien3D UFO Mystery Box. We've heard rumors of extra filament and Arduino, so this one should be good.
Alien3D UFO Box (referral code affiliate only): https://www.alien3d.us Use referral code REFBCECNCPY4E to receive $5 off your first box!
If you enjoyed this video please consider supporting me via Patreon
Affiliate Links and Referral Codes
Proto-Pasta (affiliate): http://www.proto-pasta.com?aff=64
Find me on social media!
Kuntry Time - Alien 3D UFO box JanuaryThe Alien 3D UFO box opening for January 2018
Shawna's Study Abroad
Support the stream: https://streamlabs.com/kuntry3d
Kuntry Klub Discord Server
Get your Kuntry Klub SWAG!
Other Items Available here.
We have a Channel Wishlist
If you like what I do you can Buy me a coffee
Or if your heart feels like it
Or if you like because.... well all of this is out of pocket.
http://www.alien3d.us Coupon Code: kuntryklub 15% off
3d printer kits: https://www.gearbest.com/?lkid=13624162
if you want to send me something so that I can have my own mailbag day then send it here
3153 Spring Creek Hwy
Crawfordville, FL 32327
Star Spangled Banner Used by Permission
January 2019 Alien3D UFO Monthly Subscription box reviewThis is my review of the January 2019 Alien3D U.F.O. Monthly Subscription box get yours for $5 off the normal price using the discount code - REFV76ULJ290U
Help support this channel by using my Amazon referral link - https://amzn.to/2PnKXxN
I 'm trying out a new tripod setup this month to get a smoother camera and free up both hands. I hope to improve the angle as I go along but it gives me the ability to show more projects. My videos are quick one shot videos with no editing or cuts other then length cuts so If I fail you see it LOL. Please overlook the noises in the background due to road noise and printer noise, I am just a average joe working in a garage doing this for fun and to share knowledge like the rest of us and not in a studio.
Thanks for watching!